NC Cooperative Extension Hiring Area Specialized Extension Agent: Commercial Produce Food Safety
The Area Specialized Extension Agent has primary responsibility for planning, executing, and evaluating an integrated food safety education program that spans the food supply chain from farm production to consumer retail sales to the general public, farmers, wholesalers, and vendors and consumers. The person selected for this position will work in cooperation with faculty for N. C. State University, N. C. Fresh Produce Safety Task Force and other stakeholders in accordance with Federal laws governing the prevention of contamination in the U.S. food supply, specifically ready-to-eat produce commodities.
Fayetteville, Cumberland County
Education Requirements & Preferred Skills
- Master of Science in Horticulture, Food Safety, or related field
- Experience with educational outreach program development
- Experience with synchronous and asynchronous learning tools
- Written, oral, and teaching communication skills
- Project management skills
- Computer skills with Microsoft abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills
The full job description including job responsibilites
and schedule can be found here: https://jobs.ncsu.edu/postings/41444.