Pasture Pork Conference
Pasture Pork Conference, February 11-12, 2015 in Greensboro, NC.
The Cooperative Extension Program at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University and the Center for Environmental Farming Systems (CEFS) will be hosting a Pasture Pork Conference in Greensboro, NC.
FEBRUARY 11, 2015: Pre-conference farm tour from 1-4 p.m. (meet at 7009 Bass Mountain Road, Snow Camp, NC) and evening presentation “Introduction to Outdoor Swine Production” from 6-8 p.m. in Coltrane Hall’s Godfrey Room, NC A&T Campus (corner of Market and Dudley Streets, beside the YMCA), Greensboro, NC.
FEBRUARY 12, 2015: 8 a.m.-6 p.m., Guilford Convention Center, 3114 Cedar Park Rd, Greensboro
Presenters include (among others):
- Dr. John McGlone, Texas Tech University
- David Stender, Iowa State University
- Dr. Eric van Heugten, Silvana Pietrosemoli, Dr. Jim Green (NRCS) – North
- Carolina State University
- Dr. Noah Ranells, Dr. Michelle Eley – North Carolina A&T State University
- Tim Holmes/Emily Lancaster, Animal Welfare Approved
- James Hill, Southern Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education (SARE) Program
- NCDAC&S representative – Feral Swine Program
To see the agenda & register online go to: http://goo.gl/forms/gL4n1gNWSG
Please register by February 6, 2015.
There is no cost to attend, lunch & continental breakfast is included on Feb 12.
Hotels next door to Convention Center: Holiday Inn Express, 3111 Cedar Park Road; 336-697-0101 ($65.90/night); Days Inn (will be under renovation); 336-697-4000; $52.95/night). Some travel cost reimbursement may be available to those over 45 miles from the event; please inquire if needed.
For more information, please contact Tiffany Slade, 336-285-4653, email@example.com or Dr. Niki Whitley at firstname.lastname@example.org.