Partnerships, Collaboration, & Participatory Approaches
Strong community partnerships and inclusion of diverse voices in project design and development can be a key to success developing local food systems. This page includes links to resources that support development of strong partnerships and inclusive and collaborative process.
- Collaboration and Community Team Building: Working with Community Teams
Presentation by Warren Miller of Fountainworks, Inc. “First you create; then you sustain. Go slow to go fast.”
- Community Engagement Tools
N.C. Cooperative Extension, Community Development Program
- Engaging Your Community Guides
Natural Resources Leadership Institute, NC State University
- Local Food System Stakeholders for Community Engagement
List of potential stakeholders and stakeholder organizations to consider involving in a community process building local food systems. This list was developed for and Incubator Farm Project, but is generalizeable to other local food system projects.
- Increasing Participation in your Program. Presentation from the 2015 NIFTI Incubator Farm Field School focused on key tools for increasing participation while maintaining program integrity.
- Building Successful Community Partnerships