Marketing Local Food
This page links to information and resources for marketing to local markets.
- Certified Roadside Farmers’ Market Program – Program of NCDA&CS
- Community-Supported Agriculture (CSA)
- Consumer Engagement
- Farmers’ Markets
- Farm to Institution
- Farm to School: Farm to Cafeteria
- Direct Marketing of Specialty Food Products
Curriculum of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension Entrepreneurship program. Your name and email address will be required to access the curriculum.
- e-Tailing: Taking Care of your On-line Presence
Curriculum of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension Entrepreneurship program – helping small niche-market businesses reach an audience that is hard to reach.
- Local Food Marketing Information – The NC Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services provides several listings of current and historic prices from North Carolina sources.
- Ag MRC – USDA Fruits & Vegetables Market Report
- Farm to School
- Retail Farmers Market Reports
- North Carolina Farmers’ Market Prices (Raleigh & Western North Carolina) – wholesale pricing at state farmers markets
- The NC Growing Together project has summarized historical price data by commodity as reported by produce wholesalers based at the Raleigh Farmers Market, and collected on a daily basis by the NC Deparment of Agriculture and Consumer Services – available here.
- USDA Market News. USDA Agricultural Marketing Service pricing for various markets across commodities (retail and wholesale).
- Local & Regional Market News. USDA Agricultural Marketing Service includes pricing from state farmers markets, farm to school programs, retail and more.
- Fruit and Vegetable Prices. USDA Economic Research Service data includes each product’s average retail price per pound and per edible cup equivalent for household budgeting.
- Organic Price Report. Prepared by the Rodale Institute.
- A General Guide to Pricing for Direct Farm Marketers and Value-Added Agricultural Entrepreneurs. 2011. University of Tennessee Extension.
- Selling to Retail Markets
- State & Regional Branding
- Food Safety – The N.C. Fresh Produce Safety Portal offers information to growers and industry concerning food safety resources.