Farmer Selling Locally
This page links to information and resources for farmers currently selling products locally, those transitioning to production for local markets, and new farmers getting started: marketing local food products to local markets, distribution or processing of local food products, and means of recovering waste products for reuse on the farm. You may also browse the entire web site by typing keywords or phrases in the Search bar above.
- General information and resources on production
- For livestock farmers selling meat locally
- New Producers / Beginning Farmers
- Cooperatives as a business model
- Marketing & Markets for Local Food Products
- Distribution & Aggregation of Local Food Products
- Local Food Processing
- Value-Added Processing
- Composting and Vermicomposting
- Food Safety for Growers
The N.C. Fresh Produce Portal has several sections under the Growers page which are relevant to all producers selling locally.