This page links to production information and resources for farmers producing for local markets as well as home and community gardeners and food producers.
- Beginning Farmers / New Producers – includes links to resources on training, leadership programs, and the business of farming, programs specific to women in agriculture, conferences for beginning farmers and more.
- Farm Transfer
- Planning the Future of Your Farm: A Workbook Supporting Farm Transfer Decisions. Branan, Andrew (editor). 2017 ed. This workbook focuses on educating farmers and rural landowners on the tools and issues related to the transfer of farm operations and land with the goal of keeping both in production.
- Commodity Organizations – Produce
- Food Safety for Produce Growers The N.C. Fresh Produce Safety Portal has information targeted specifically towards farmers/growers about the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) produce safety rule, GAPs, and upcoming trainings (both GAP and Produce Safety Rule trainings). Information provided includes farmers market resources, production considerations, worker health and safety, water safety and testing, other reference materials, and more.
- Postharvest Resources
Includes Extenstion publications on cooling and handling of various commodities, information on various cooling technologies, and links to other postharvest publications.
- Pack ‘N Cool – small scale, mobile refrigeration information
- Production Portals
- Season Extension
- Urban Agriculture
Meat, Dairy and Egg Producers
- Commodity Organizations – Meat, Dairy, and Eggs
- Niche Meat Production
- Poultry and Eggs