Research, Data, and Annotated Bibliographies
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
Research, Data, and Annotated Bibliographies
- Local Foods: Clarifying Current Research. North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service. 2016.
- An Annotated Bibliography of Publications and Resources on Food Hubs and Values-Based Supply Chains, 2012
“Annotated bibliography of academic literature, reports and publications from non-profits and research firms and articles in trade, government, and other publications. Published in April 2012 by the Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education Program with support from USDA Rural Development.”
- Community Food Security in the United States: A Survey of the Scientific Literature, 2015
“Community food security (CFS) is a concept that represents a subset of food security oriented toward the community level rather than the individual, national, or global levels, and seeks to account for the social, political, and economic context of food insecurity.” This report synthesizes the latest research and grey literature on community food security in the United States. It also identifies gaps where further research is needed.
- Community Food System Bibliography files, 2013
Bibliography developed at the University of California – Davis lists and annotates published literature from 2000 to 2011 on local and regional food systems. Listing is organized by key topics.
- Farm to School: A Selected and Annotated Bibliography, 2011
“This bibliography attempts to represent selected documentation from a wide range of resources: peer reviewed literature databases, organizational Web sites, report citations, conference proceedings, Cooperative Extension Service publications, and more.” Ritchie and Chen. USDA, ARS, National Agricultural Library, Special Reference Briefs Series, no. SRB 2011-02.
- An Annotated Bibliography of Existing and Needed Research on Food Policy Groups, 2017. Johns Hopkins Center for a Livable Future.
- USDA Farm to School Census, North Carolina data, 2015
- Low, Sarah A., Aaron Adalja, Elizabeth Beaulieu, Nigel Key, Steve Martinez, Alex Melton, Agnes Perez, Katherine Ralston, Hayden Stewart, Shellye Suttles, Stephen Vogel, and Becca B.R. Jablonski. Trends in U.S. Local and Regional Food Systems, AP-068, U.S. Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service, January 2015.
- Martinez, Steve, et al. Local Food Systems: Concepts, Impacts, and Issues, ERR 97, U.S. Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service, May 2010.
- An Overview of Institutional Food Procurement and Recommendations for Improvement,2015, Johns Hopkins, Center for a Liveable Future. Includes a review of the literature and key information resources regarding institutional food service procurement systems.
- Structural Racism Present in the U.S. Food System, Michigan State University Center for Regional Food Systems. Updated February 13, 2017. Author(s): Anel Guel, Jane Henderson, Rich Pirog, Rachel Kelly, Taylor Wimberg
NC Growing Together
- Research Outputs of NC Growing Together
- Authenticity and Success in Marketing “Local” in Retail Grocery Settings
A summary of research findings and the experiences of local food retailing projects
- 2013 North Carolina Niche Meat Survey: An NC Choices and NC Growing Together Collaborative Study
A report summarizing the results of a spring 2013 telephone survey of registered meat handlers in North Carolina.
- Golden, Sheila. University of California, Davis. 2013. Urban Agriculture Impacts: Social, Health, and Economic. Literature review and annotated bibliography.
- McClintock, N. & Simpson, M. 2014. A Survey of Urban Agriculture Organizations and Businesses in the US and Canada – Preliminary Results. Toulan School of Urban Studies and Planning. Portland State University. July.