Local & Regional Food Councils
North Carolina Resources
- Community Food Strategies
Community Food Strategies: strengthens food councils across North Carolina by linking them through a collective network; builds alignment across existing food system initiatives, weaving together local activities into a statewide plan that reflects local priorities; and forms learning communities that align with interests identified by the network of food councils.
- Map of Food Councils around North Carolina that are members of the Community Food Strategies Network.
- Local Food Policy Councils as Community Development Strategy
Blog post authored by Rick Morse, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, School of Government.
- NC Food Policy Councils listserv – email Abbey Piner to be added.
- Food Policy Network Resource List
Johns Hopkins School of Public Health, Center for a Livable Future
- Cultivating Collective Action: The Ecology of a Statewide Food Network
University of Minnesota Extension
- Doing Food Policy Councils Right: A Guide to Development and Action
Mark Winne Associates (2012)
Extension and Outreach Program Manager, NC Growing Together
Center for Environmental Farming Systems
NC State University
Was the information on this page helpful?