Key Concepts and Other Tools for Service Providers
Other Tools for Service Providers
- N.C. Cooperative Extension Service portals
- Community Food Assessment
- Evaluation & Program Planning
- General Tools and Resources for Local Food Supply Chain Projects
- Research, Data, and Annotated Bibliographies on local food systems topics
North Carolina Listservs
- foodpolicycouncils – A statewide listserv, managed by Community Food Strategies, to connect those interested in farm and food policy and food councils. Sign up here.
- growingsmall farms – Discussion/support group for small farmers in NC. To request addition to the list send your request to email@example.com.
- local-foods-action-plan – A statewide listserv to facilitate a local food economy and promote all aspects of local foods. Instructions for joining this listserv are here.
- ncchoices – A moderated listserv sharing educational and marketing opportunities for farmers raising pasture-based animals, especially those that involve local marketing of meats to consumers and wholesale buyers. Instructions for joining this listserv are here.
- nccommunitygarden – Connects those interested in community gardening in North Carolina. Sign up here.
- nc-farmers-market – Listserv developed to facilitate communications among individuals interested in farmers’ markets.To request addition to the list send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NC Farm to School Coalition – A statewide listserv to facilitate shared ideas and resources on any topic related to Farm to School. Instructions for joining this listserv are here.
- newfarmtrainerSE – Connects those who provide training and/or technical assistance to new and beginning farmers in North Carolina and across the southeast US. Sign up here.
- pasturedpoultry – A listserv for producers and others interested in pastured poultry. To request addition to the list send your request to email@example.com.
Was the information on this page helpful?